Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Holy Mother.

Performers are really special people. We hurt the most, we love the most, we give the most, and we take the most. Sometimes we forget that it's not all about us and our part in the show, but its actually a team effort...I think that's a really important lesson for kids to learn going into this business. Casting day brings a lot of joy and a lot of pain..but life always goes on. We learn lessons and build bridges and work past it...that's the only way to grow, to become all you can be.

Right now I'm working at The Rep, running ragged and trying to be the best assistant I can be...but wow...I had no idea what it takes to put on a show AND love your cast as much as these people do. The entire staff is amazing. AMAZING. They love the performers and each other more than anything I have ever seen....they CARE about feelings and egos and everything...talk about wonderful training. Talk about spreading LOVE.

"I know I will always have a job...because love knows no boundaries." -Conly Basham

So much thinking....My brain hurts. So much joy....My smile machine hurts. So much caffeine.....My sweet tea drinking muscles hurt. So much pride.......My hugger hurts.

I LOVE THIS. I never thought directing would be a career option for me. But these kids..their passion for performing radiates from every pore on their little faces...it melts my heart. I am so in love with every single member of this cast....and there's almost 60 of them. I'm sitting outside the vocal rehearsal right now, and seriously they sound like pros. It's ridiculous. I always said I could never ever teach high school theatre after I'm done performing, but I realize now that I could DEFINITELY do a program like this. But what if I'm never done performing? That's a question for 30 year old Kim....I'll let you know in ten years.

Ten years seems forever away, but it's really not...I can remember five years ago, and how I thought I was so grown up and knew everything. But time flies so fast...I'm looking at some angels I met five years ago...my angel Stacy is so beautiful and grown up and I cannot even fathom that she will be a rockette in a few years....I met her with shy eyes and braces. Some of the people in this theatre are the future faces of Tony Winners. Really amazing talent.

Now their singing Oh Happy Day.....heart- melting.

Love you Victorya and Libby...... this is for you.

This show is for all the people who love performing and listening and seeing and believing and ART. These kids are ARTISTS, true and true.

SPREAD LOVE.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment