Sunday, August 8, 2010

Defy Gravity

So. I'm leaving in a week.
Scared? No. Sad? No. Excited? OH MY JESUS YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

I have a lot coming my way this fall, and I think it'll be a true test to see just how much little Kimmy can step it up and get it togeth for the real world. I have about a billion auditions to get ready for, plus a wonderful school, fantastic people, great classes, and a brand new big girl apartment to decorate. No big. I think I'm pretty much set for all of them, but as far as theatre goes, well you can never be too sure. I'm just so ready for the challenge. I'm SO READY FOR AUSTIN. The city is amazing, it really is. It has a special excitement that seems to beckon young adults into exploration and discovery. It has an energy, an aura that fills us with excitement and a demand for action. And I can't wait to take that energy and turn it into production of art or love or a peaceful understanding. I am so blessed. I am the luckiest girl in the world---to go to a great school in the middle of an amazing city to do what I love...all of the tools have been handed to me on a silver platter...now it's up to me to use them in the best way. And honestly, I can't wait to do that.

One week. That's it :)

"Tell them how I am defying gravity, I'm flying high defying gravity"

"What do you say to taking chances? What do you say to jumping off the edge? Never knowing if there's solid ground below, a hand to hold, or hell to pay....what do you say?"

"We're coming to the edge, running on the water, coming through the fog your sons and daughters... Let the river run, let all the dreamers wake the nation, come, the new Jerusalem."

"And in time we will all be stars"

"Today is a GREAT DAY!!"
K

1 comment: